Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hiking up Spanish Fork Canyon


Over the last couple of weeks my sister-in-law Kari has been hunting elk up Spanish Fork Canyon. Ryan and his brothers have been back and forth scouting out the area. Kari got her prized elk on the very last day of the hunt. She said that it was one of the hardest things she has ever done but that she also had a great time doing it. I was able to go up one afternoon with her and experience just a tiny bit of the hiking that she did. I thought I was in pretty good shape until that day. Kari said that it was a great weight loss plan. After the hunt Ryan took Mallory, Brenn and Kodiak up to the same place. The kids both had their trusty water backpacks (whatever they are called?) and a granola bar, but were starving by the time they got back. They were able to look at the beautiful autumn leaves and take Kodiak to get some exercise.

2 comments:

palagigirl said...

Oh my GOSH SHARLA! The kids are so big! I can't believe how much they've grown! CUTE PICS! MORE MORE MORE! Love you guys!

Keli said...

Just found your blog from ward's. I didn't know that you had a blog! It will be nice to check in now and then and see what you are up to! Your kids are adorable!